You can connect to DNSFlex VPN servers using the OpenVPN open source software. DNSFlex VPN App is currently under development.
Before you begin
Create a DNSFlex account, then log into the dashboard to manage your SOCKS5/VPN username and password.
- Log into the DNSFlex Dashboard
- Once you are logged in, select the “VPN” tab
- Next, enter your username and password. This login will be used for VPN, SOCKS5 and SSH server access.
Step1 – Download the OpenVPN GUI Software
Open up your browser and download the latest OpenVPN software here. At the time of this article, version 2.4.5 is considered latest stable release. This version of software is compatible with versions off Windows Vista up to Windows 10.
Step 2 – Install Software
Open the link to the downloaded file and begin the software installation procedure. Click Next, follow the on screen instructions.
Step 3 – Download DNSFlex OpenVPN Configuration Files
The next step, you must download the VPN server configuration files necessary so that the OpenVPN Software knows where to connect to.
- Start by visiting the DNSFlex VPN locator map here.
- Select Country
- Select the VPN configuration file from the drop down menu
Step 4 – Configure OpenVPN application
Now that you have properly installed OpenVPN on your Windows computer and downloaded the DNSFlex ovpn configuration files, its time to configure the application.
- Start by double clicking the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop
- You should now see the OpenVPN service running in the tray iocn by the botton far right of your screen
- Right click the OpenVPN tray icon then select “Import file”
- Search for the .ovpn files that you downloaded in step 3 and double click to import it
Step 5 – Connect to the VPN Server
Now that you have properly installed the application and configured DNSFlex OpenVPN files its time to connect to the VPN server.
- Right Click the OpenVPN tray icon on the bottom right of your screen
- Select the DNSFlex VPN server you wish to connect to
- Click “Connect“
- Enter your DNSFlex Username and Password to connect to the VPN server
- Once you are connected you will see the connected icon on the bottom right of your icon tray
That’s it, you’re all done! Enjoy!