You can connect to DNSFlex VPN servers using the OpenVPN open source software. DNSFlex VPN App is currently under development.
Before you begin
Create a DNSFlex account, then log into the dashboard to manage your SOCKS5/VPN username and password.
- Log into the DNSFlex Dashboard
- Once you are logged in, select the “VPN” tab
- Next, enter your username and password. This login will be used for VPN, SOCKS5 and SSH server access.
Step1 – Download the OpenVPN app
- Head on over to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and search for “openvpn connect”
- Tap on the “Get” button to begin the download
- After successful installation of the App, its time to download .ovpn configuration files to build your VPN profile.
Step 2 – Download DNSFlex OpenVPN Configuration Files
The next step, you must download the VPN server configuration files necessary so that the OpenVPN Software knows where to connect to.
- Start by visiting the DNSFlex VPN locator map here.
- Select Country
- Select the VPN configuration file from the drop down menu
- Save the files in a location for safe keeping
Step 3 – Configure OpenVPN App
- Locate the .ovpn file you downloaded in step 2. If you downloaded the file from another computer, email it to your iPhone and open it in the email app.
- Select “Open in OpenVPN” or “Copy to OpenVPN“
- Tap on the “Green Plus” button
- Enter your DNSFlex VPN Username and Password in the UserID and Password fields respectively and click “Save” to remember your login.
- Finally, Tap the “Connect” button
- A pop up message will ask to allow OpenVPN to enable VPN connection. Select “Yes“
- That’s it, you’re done! OpenVPN will verify network connectivity by displaying “Connected” status in Connection Details.